Wednesday 4 July 2012

DIY: Lip Scrub

Lately my lips have been really dry and chapped so I started using my Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush which I love, but i checked the back and there are only 4 ingredients! Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Flavour and Colour for a 25g pot thats costs £4.95 and in America its $8.95. Which personally I think is a lot of money to pay for a pot of sugar. So i decided to make my own.


I know it doesn't look nearly as cute as the Lush one but it does the same job and it feels exactly the same on your lips. You can put it in a cuter container but this was the only one I had but when I finish my Bubblegum one I can just make more and put it in that container, also you could make it that cute pink colour by adding red or pink food colouring but unfortunately I only had blue and I think that may have given my lips a blue tint.

How I Made It-

What you will need:

A small pot to store your lip scrub in
A small bowl or lid
Small spoon
Caster Sugar
Groundnut Oil
Flavouring of your choice

1. First put a teaspoon amount of Caster Sugar in your small bowl or lid. 
2. Add a small amount of Groundnut Oil to your Sugar (If you add to much just add more sugar)
3. Mix Together till its all combined.

The mixture should just be more of a stickier substance but not slush if it has gone slushy, 
remove some of the mixture and just add more Caster Sugar.

3. Then add the flavouring of your choice I added Peppermint but make sure you don't add a lot because you may not add a lot but it will be very strong so you can test it by smelling it or tasting it.

If you have added to much flavouring just add more Caster Sugar.

4. Finally mix all your Ingredients together and put it into your pot/container.

Hope you enjoy your new Lip Scrub! For practically free!

love Emily xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! I never thought of doing this x Do you have to use groundnut oil??xxx<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank youu!<3 no you don't, you can use any oil<3 you can also do it with honey, vaseline and olive oil but i don't know if that one is good to eat I'm not sure... :L<3

      Delete
    2. You could eat the honey one xxx <3

      Delete
  2. I will definitely try this out! thanks so much for the diy tip :)

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Thank you for posting this - I will definitely try this out!

    xx

    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete